Here’s another delicious one pot meal which gets ready in less than 30 minutes and is so delicious that the flavors will tantalize your palate at the very first bite. Thai Red Curry! Yes.. you heard it right! It’s warm, creamy and comforting with loads of veggies and authentic Asian flavors.
The key to an amazing Thai red curry is definitely the red curry paste. I have not tried many curry pastes as mostly all the available brands contain fish sauce or shrimp paste. But the one which i have used for this recipe is Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste which is extremely flavorsome, spicy and vegetarian friendly. I always keep a bottle of this paste handy in my fridge for days when i do not want to cook anything fancy.
Another very important ingredient that goes into this dish is the coconut milk which makes the curry luxuriously rich and creamy. I however opted for lite coconut milk but you can always use full fat coconut milk for a richer curry. Also it is very essential to add plenty of aromatics i.e. ginger, garlic and onion to the curry. And when it comes to veggies, i throw apparently anything into my curry without worrying about going overboard. For this recipe i have used bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, zucchini but you can use any other vegetables as per your personal preference.
Thai red curry makes a quick meal which is creamy, rich, spicy, a little sour and sweet, hearty and amazingly delicious. You can always make some extra curry and use the leftovers as the curry tastes lot tastier the next day.
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in medium cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in medium cubes
- 1 carrots, cut in rounds
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 oz (1 can) lite coconut milk
- 1/2 to 1 cup water, as per required consistency
- 1 – 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Jasmine rice for serving
- Warm oil in a saucepan. Add the onions and sauté them until they turn translucent. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash and broccoli florets and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Add the red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, salt, water and spinach to it and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now switch off the heat and add soy sauce or tamari, lime juice and red pepper flakes to the curry. Adjust the salt as per your taste.
- Serve hot with jasmine rice.
- You can always tweak the amount of curry paste as per your taste preference. I like my curries mildly spiced but if you want a spicier one feel free to add more curry paste.
- You can use full fat coconut milk instead of lite coconut milk
- You can also add more lime juice to increase the acidity and soy sauce for a distinct saltiness in the curry.
2 thoughts on “THAI RED CURRY”
I cannot get enough of thai curry! And yous looks incredible. I totally agree that aromatics are essential in dishes like this.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks a ton!😀 and yes aromatics like onion, ginger and garlic impart a very good flavor and are irreplaceable in Asian cuisine.. a lot of taste and aroma can be attributed to a good combination of aromatics.
LikeLiked by 1 person