Summer calls for fruity cocktails, and there is no cocktail more refreshing than a berry mojito. Mojitos have always been my favorite alcoholic beverages during the summer months. And with berries being so fresh and in abundance these days I thought of jazzing up the traditional mojito with some berries.
This berry mojito is extremely simple to mix, is super refreshing and totally irresistible. I am absolutely crushing over the color though! Just throw in all the berries and mint together and muddle them until the berries are slightly crushed and mint leaves are bruised. Add in lime juice, simple syrup and rum and just top it with sparkling water and it’s done! It takes not more than 10 minutes to prepare and all the flavors from the ingredients just shine through. It has got the tartness from the lime, balanced out with the sweetness of the berries, brightness and freshness from the mint and of course the little punch from the rum.
Make a pitcher of this and serve it for your next barbecue or get together. Or just make a glass for yourself and enjoy every sip of it on a hot summer afternoon. I assure you, this berry mojito will not leave you disappointed! CHEERS!!
The given recipe makes two glasses.
- 4 oz rum
- 8 – 10 blackberries
- 8 – 10 raspberries
- 8 – 10 blueberries
- 8 – 10 mint leaves
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (optional)
- Sparkling water
- Take two glasses and fill them with equal quantities of blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, mint leaves and simple syrup. Muddle them lightly.
- Stir in lime juice and rum in both the glasses.
- Top with sparkling water and stir to combine
- Garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges.
- Serve chilled.