Melons- summers sweet rewards! Whats more refreshing, hydrating and delicious than a melon on a hot summer day. These fleshy fruits are sweet treats consisting of almost 95% water, vitamins, minerals and fiber. There are so many varieties of melons available ranging from watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumbers, honeydew, musk melon etc. If you get bored of one, there are others you can get your hands on.
So recently I made a trip to the farmers market and stumbled upon some super fresh melons and decided to make a light, juicy and refreshing melon salad. I paired watermelon, cantaloupe and honey dew with a tangy and herby honey, lime and mint dressing.
It may sound weird at first but its a divine combination. The dressing made with honey, lime and mint pairs so well with the melon instantly lifting the overall flavor. This dressing truly compliments the sweetness of the melon making it taste even more heavenly. It’s a pure summer bliss in a matter of minutes. I can have a bowl of this salad in the morning for breakfast or for lunch or even as a snack. This salad is utterly delicious in its simplicity!
The given recipe yields 4 servings.
- 1 cup red flesh watermelon, diced
- 1 cup yellow flesh watermelon, diced
- 1 cup honey dew, diced
- 1 cup cantaloupe, diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- In a mixing bowl, combine together all the diced melons. You can cut your melons in any shape. I used a measuring spoon to scoop out small melon balls.
- For the dressing, mix together honey, lime and mint leaves in a bowl. Tweak the proportion of the ingredients as per your taste. If you like your salad sweet add more honey but if you prefer a tangy one, add more lime and mint to it.
- Pour this dressing over the melons and give it a nice toss.
- Enjoy this salad at any hour of the day!