I recently shared a Thai red curry recipe on my blog which has been appreciated and liked by many. So here’s another curry recipe which I absolutely love. A little spicy, a little sweet, super quick, incredibly easy and crazy delicious. Yes! that perfectly describes this gorgeous Thai Green Curry recipe.
The main ingredient for making a flavorful and fragrant Thai green curry is of course the green curry paste. And what goes into making a green curry paste is the cilantro root or cilantro stem and fresh green chilies which also contributes to the beautiful green color of this paste. While you can also make your own curry paste from scratch, I am all about buying instant curry paste from store. I used Thai kitchen’s green curry paste that’s vegan and gluten free and is a deliciously mild curry paste. If you are sensitive to spicy food, start with a lesser quantity and adjust as needed. On the other hand, if you are in the more-spice-more-better camp, then by all means add an extra spoon or two.
I was feeling really inspired and wanted this to be a really filling curry, so I added loads of delicious veggies in this one. I love how versatile this curry is as you can always use your own veggie choices. I picked green bell pepper, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash and spinach. Next is the coconut milk that goes into the curry which makes it luxuriously rich and creamy. I opted for lite coconut milk but you can always use full fat coconut milk for a richer curry. There will be so much flavor going on while you’re eating this delight. And one important tip – do not forget to squeeze that lime over, its like an immediate flavor release that adds deeper layers of flavor to the entire dish. Hence always serve the curry with a few wedges of lime.
To say I was in heaven while eating this is such an understatement. Every bite ties into the other so beautifully, that I promise you will be making it over and over again. Have this curry with your choice of rice. It can be made in under 30 minutes and makes an excellent weeknight dinner. This is a great dish to reheat for leftovers too. It is a satisfying meal that will keep you feeling satiated for hours. If the idea of making your own Thai food sounds intimidating, I urge you to start with this one. Happy cooking!
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 carrots, cut in rounds
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves`, finely chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 to 1 cup water, as per required consistency
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 – 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- jasmine rice or white rice for serving
- Warm olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onions and sauté them until they turn translucent. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add green bell pepper, carrots, zucchini and yellow squash and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Add the green curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, salt, water and spinach to it and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now switch off the heat and add soy sauce or tamari, lime juice and red pepper flakes to the curry. Adjust the salt as per your taste.
- Serve hot with jasmine rice or white rice!
- You can always tweak the amount of curry paste as per your taste preference. I like my curries mildly spiced but if you want a spicier one feel free to add more curry paste.
- You can use full fat coconut milk instead of lite coconut milk
- You can also add more lime juice to increase the acidity and soy sauce for a distinct saltiness in the curry.