Baked goat cheese is a warm and creamy dip that takes almost zero time to prep and will leave you drooling! It is a perfect appetizer to throw together at the last minute. There’s nothing complicated about this recipe.
This beautiful appetizer has just two ingredients – Goat cheese and Marinara. I usually use a store bought marinara but you can always make your own too. The superstar of this appetizer though is the goat cheese. Once you have a little slather of this soft gooey cheese you will never go back. Its smooth and creamy, earthy and lemony. It is a perfect compliment to a garlicky marinara sauce. It takes just a few minutes to put both the ingredients together in a baking dish and tossing it into the oven. Wait till the goat cheese turns nice and golden and bubbles along with the marinara.
This dip is so simple, so rustic and insanely addictive. Serve it with a nice crusty bread or crackers. It can be served as an appetizer or it also makes a lovely light dinner for two.
- 24 oz store bought marinara sauce with roasted garlic and herbs or homemade marinara sauce.
- 4 oz goat cheese
- whole grain baguette or ciabatta, crackers or bread sticks.
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
- Place the goat cheese log in the center of the baking tray. Press the cheese using your fingers.
- Spoon the marinara around the goat cheese.
- Pop it into the oven and bake for 35 – 45 minutes, until the cheese turns slightly golden and starts to bubble along with the sauce.
- Top it with olives and serve hot with a whole grain baguette or ciabatta, crackers or bread sticks.