This recipe of roasted red pepper pasta is an incredibly easy dinner recipe with ingredients you likely have lying around. There is something quite amazing with minimalistic recipes. Not only are they super easy to make but also the flavors from using a few well coordinated ingredients goes a long way in terms of taste. This roasted red pepper pasta is one of those.
The magic of this pasta lies in the sauce. The two main ingredients in this sauce are roasted bell peppers which have a sweet smoky taste and sun dried tomatoes which have an intense tartness. I also sautéed onions and garlic for a robust flavor. Now just throw all these ingredients in a blender along with salt and pepper flakes and blend it to get a gorgeous sauce with an orangy hue. This sauce is creamy, savory, subtly sweet with a hint of heat.
Just combine the sauce along with the pasta and you will get a super satisfying, carb heavy meal ready in less than 30 minutes. Also top your pasta with some fresh mozzarella cheese and basil leaves to turn it into a cheesy and luxurious dish.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
- 16 oz whole grain bow tie pasta
- 16 oz can of roasted bell pepper
- 8 oz sun dried tomato oil packed
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- handful of basil leaves
- mozzarella cheese (optional)
- To cook the pasta, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil to it. Add the pasta and boil until it is al dente.
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan and add the minced garlic to it. Sauté for a minute. Now add the chopped onions. Sauté the onions for 3 – 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- To make the sauce, combine together roasted red peppers, sautéed onion and garlic, sun dried tomatoes along with their oil, toasted almonds, salt and chili flakes in a food processor and pulse until the sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
- Add the red pepper sauce to the cooked pasta and toss to combine. Adjust the seasoning as required.
- Top it with fresh mozzarella cheese and basil leaves. Serve hot.